Friday 22 July 2011

Peas and wool

Helping Philippa to knit has tweaked my knitting brain into action after about twenty years of respite. Yesterday I bought some red wool and a pattern and have embarked upon remembering what to do, with the assistance of helpful hints from YouTube. The main objective is to create a jumper for myself, in time for the 'red' Christmas season.


I had forgotten how 'rows' dominate when knitting. Sentences are begun with 'when I've finished this row...' . I had forgotten that there is quite a lot of counting involved... and quite a bit of remembering of where you've got to. Apart from ripping back about six rows because I thought I'd got it wrong, when I hadn't, the potential garment is progressing. 


I have begun to notice red, since beginning the knitting project yesterday.




Knitting and new red flask for cycling coffee


Themes of the day


The flowers smell as good as the wool feels


More peas and wool


...and some more 

No comments:

Post a Comment