Saturday 21 March 2015

Looking for the sun


Nothing too unusual in looking for the sun, except that everyone was looking for it today (yesterday actually). I'm not particularly interested in planetary stuff. So much of it is just so unbelievable and difficult to work out. The tides going in and out; night being dark and day light(ish); Australians not on walkabout upside down; Australians not falling off; us being up here, and them - down there; phases of the moon....and all the rest. I should ask the ten year old boy, who is the youngest in the country to have passed his GCSE astronomy, for an overview. 

When I was persuaded to take an interest in the partial eclipse, I took a peek - through a coloured plastic file - and what I saw was a piece of art in the making. Now that I can understand...

And here it is....

It's not colourful, but blame the camera. This was taken from our house and I could show you quite a few more but I'm sure this gives you a general impression. 

I can't leave it there, because it doesn't represent what turned out to be quite a colourful day. Once the sun and clouds had sorted themselves out, it turned into one of those glorious Spring days, when ALL the gardening equipment has to come out and activities are focused outside - all day. Instead of giving you a picture of the mess (due to rain getting in) of the inside of the shed, the wrecked by badgers lawn, etc. etc., you can have a glimpse of a snatch of colour, located when I just happened to be glancing across at the garden next door. The pheasant had been sunning itself next to an upturned bucket (use your imagination), but by the time I ran in for the camera, it was on the move. 

Fill in the gaps

No comments:

Post a Comment