Thursday 26 March 2015

Fish and Pheasant


All my creativity has been focused on outdoors this week and this mostly doesn't include taking pictures. The sun came out for more than a day and I continued my re-acquaintance with the garden shed and then the garden.

Wearing clumpy old gardening gloves and clearing away what I think should be cleared away, is such a contrast to tippy tapping at my shiny little piece of technology. Of course, if I'm not sure what to do with something in the garden, I can hit at it, drag it out and chop its head off - and then chop or cut it up. Very satisfying. To clarify, I am talking about weeds and overgrown stuff - not people... and especially not the person who gave me a little talking to this morning about how to correctly prepare paper for re-cycling. 

When you want a break from shed, tools and plot, the natural thing to do is visit a garden centre and mingle with exactly the same, but brand new. The plants are pristine, the pretty pictures on the seed packets provide an immediately pleasing paper garden, and the promise of food in the cafe (or restaurant if it's posh) is, well - promising. 

Visited a posh one in Cornwall yesterday and couldn't resist the champagne...

Couldn't resist taking a picture

The post office in our village has re-located to the off licence and I popped out in between gardening to check it out. How unique is this? There is much gossip concerning what will be purchased alongside pensions.

A double picture of me taking a pic of the new post office 

I'm going off-subject again, but this is the partially photographed pheasant that I missed in the neighbour's garden - so it is garden-related. The picture isn't brilliant, especially the eye and head. I heard him from inside and had to run an obstacle course, which included unlocking two doors and forcing a swollen-with-rain noisy door. I'm assuming he's the same one because he was sitting comfortably alongside where the overturned bucket of the other day, used to be. How's that for science?! 

The 'bucket' pheasant

Returning to garden centres - I visited a not so posh one earlier this week. I followed the sound of water, expecting to see fountains and things. Instead I found fish in tanks with hopeful expressions on their little fishy faces. 

Fish queueing to be chosen

No comments:

Post a Comment