Sunday 5 April 2015

Off to sea!

Peeking out from the bow 

We're sleeping in the stern. Different words could be used for all sorts of backs and fronts of things. Ridiculous sounding ones would be best, to help me remember. 

When I set off on adventures I have such high hopes of blogging. It doesn't take long to realise that it takes very long to achieve anything. The above picture has taken an hour to travel from my photos to the blog. To while away the time, I've walked around the boat/ship - the Pont Aven, done a fair bit of huffing and puffing and have forgotten what I was going to write. 

But I am definitely on a ferry (that's the one), en route for sunny Santander, in search of adventure. The sun is shining now and the sea looks flat calm. The floor is vibrating beneath my holiday feet (probably something to do with an engine) and there is a a very gentle up and downing going on. Hope nothing increases before I've had my gourmet dinner. Last year the adventure on this boat began in the gourmet department, when I found a rather large spider perched on a lettuce leaf on my plate. I didn't photograph it unfortunately, or the gawping waiters.

I've checked out the lifeboats and taken some arty pictures which you won't get to see due to lack of enough hours left on the voyage - never mind. Only twelve minutes to go to dinner!


1 comment:

  1. Hope the gourmet dinner was less entertaining than last year's! I'd still love to see a pic - how gourmet are we talking?! Perhaps on the way back!

    ReplyDelete