Thursday 3 February 2011

Maps, Taps and Flats

The map is to give more detail and to demonstrate just how tough the walkers are, particularly as the distance covered was 7.8 miles.

More importantly the tap is in place. What I didn't say earlier on in the week is that following seventeen years of nurturing and polishing, the sink had to be removed in order to replace the tap. It was so nerve wracking for me that I stayed out of sight until the operation was over. Against all the odds it was a success and the huge, heavy artefact in question is now back in situ, none the worse for wear. The tap is a wonder. It doesn't perpetually leak and looks extremely modern. It can also be operated with barely a touch. After all the trouble and sheer brute strength required to replace it, the hot and cold switch operates in the reverse, due to a slight oversight in the operation. I'm just very grateful. 

What a day. I assisted Philippa with the flat move and saw it for the first time today. I'm looking forward to being able to pop in when in town. 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment