Tuesday 22 February 2011

A technological 'onesy' (pronounced 'won')

As you can probably tell by my the lack of pictures over the last few days, the little camera has been lying mostly dormant. This has been mainly due to incessant torrential rain. This has had an unfortunate affect on my creativity, rendering it as soggy as the world outside. During a recent cloudy interval when the rain took a break, I set about practising what I would like to believe are technical skills in the photography department. As someone with advanced qualifications in this area, Philipa might not necessarily agree - although in my opinion she doesn't have argumentative tendencies.

I practised using my camera and binnoculars, joined together to increase the magnification to enable me to capture distant Avocets on the Exe. Those interested in fashion could describe it as a onesy (like trousers and top combined), whereas most serious minded ornithologists refer to it as digi-binning - ha ha, how silly does that sound.


The first photograph, where you need a magnifying glass to see the bird is taken with only the camera. The bigger bird, with many visible features, is taken with the camera/binnocular combination.


When I've worked out how to include a slide show, I'll treat you to some more.

1 comment:

  1. That is a b.e.a.utiful photo mum but you could have at least spelt your daughter's name right! haha, jokes. I love your blog - keep at it! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete