Wednesday 6 April 2011

On my bike

Glorious spring day and a dusting off of the bike.  Adjustments made to accommodate a new handlebar bag (Miss Marple style) last winter resulted in major clunking and grinding and general engineering problems. Probably more importantly, apart from alarming other cyclists, walkers and dogs, the gears were particularly uncooperative when travelling uphill.

With all this still haunting my recollections of last year's estuarine cycling experiences, off came the bag this morning. A quick poke of the gear-related bits and pieces in an attempt to put them back where they probably should have been, a lot of complaining about the bike, lack of bag, and my probable inability to ride it after a break of a few months, and I was off.

The long-awaited Ebford link is now open and today I would be able to cycle all the way from Ebford to Exmouth, without having to risk death by riding on any major roads. Just in case, I was wore my new flourescent yellow cycling jacket - another reason for feeling somewhat reluctant to take off with enthusiasm this morning. Yellow has never been a favourite colour.

View from the Ebford stretch of cycle track

Gulls that didn't get my sandwich!

The seaside at Exmouth

A washing line to add to my collection - on the Lympstone foreshore


No comments:

Post a Comment