Friday 29 April 2016

Hot and sweaty

It turned Spanish hot today and I sweated in the gorge of the Rio Duraton. 

A chunk of the walk

A closer look - where I found an Ortolan Bunting

And much much later, I soaked my feet in cold water and hung them out to dry on the narrow balcony.

Sepulveda - difficult to make look attractive

I can see this a way off from the balcony, as well as passing Choughs and Griffin Vultures.

A reminder of home

This is the first one we've seen on this trip and was singing in Spanish.

My Ortolan Bunting

It doesn't look much but it was exciting at the time, so apologies non-birders. It was also a long way off - as usual. 

Last night's dinner.
The starter Crema de calabaza y marisco was delicious. Pumpkin soup with prawns. I pushed the boat out with segundos (mains) and had a mixed salad of lettuce, tomatoes and asparagus. Ummm. Well - we'll see if this can be improved upon this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment