Tuesday 12 April 2016

Rainy Spain


Left Plymouth in storm force winds aboard the trusty Pont Aven, in search of better weather and a change of scene. The vehicles were buffeted in the lines waiting to embark (new word) and I was expecting the absolute worst. Kate and Leo swimming along ship corridors were the fate of my imagination.


We waited an hour longer than planned, probably so that the vehicles on board could be secured with giant velcro


The boat swam like a giant dolphin for the first four or five hours and then the sea calmed through the night. I wore my head torch just in case - on my arm. I slept quite well because I had checked out the location of our 'muster' station. 

We arrived to a calm sunny day and all was well.


Some snatched scenery as we whizzed southwards

I can't get enough of bits and pieces in fields and elsewhere.



These were the best I could do at speed. This was 'yesterday' and today is very different. We woke up in a hotel in the little town of Villalpando and not a boat. How good is that? No more boat-related pictures. There was no sea but plenty of pools and puddles. Today the water has mostly come down from above in the form of heavy rain and occasional hail. There has been plenty of wind and even occasional sun. 


Re-visiting the rainy plains where there were hundreds of Great Bustards 

We saw 300 and you may get a picture tomorrow, as I've run out of time. Dinner is nearly ready and I'm starving.



Me and Sylvia zipping up









No comments:

Post a Comment