Monday 2 May 2016

A windswept tree

That's me! That's what I felt like after spending the day at Laguna de Pitillas, Navarra. The wind was so strong and so cold that I wore everything. I'm not bending over on purpose - I was blown sideways as the picture was taken.

The face-whipping wind

Don't be put off from visiting this lovely lake because there was so much to see and photograph, if you could only pin it down. I took a picture of a white butterfly which had its little leg wrapped around a flower stalk. There were masses of birds: Purple and Grey Heron, Common and Spotted Redshank, Great Crested and Black-necked and Little Grebes, Great Reed Warblers singing like mad and trillions of migrating Sand Martins - which were a devil to photograph.

I've enhanced the colour to make it look more attractive in the wind

A Ladder Snake found a warm place to stretch out

Yesterday's trapped bull running bar - still trapped

Never mind. We're off tomorrow. 

PS We had a brilliant picnic at the lake, provided by the hotel - perfected by our secret supply of Heinz salad cream. Simple pleasures...


No comments:

Post a Comment